The Advanced Paramedic is responsible for the care, treatment and movement of patients and maintaining self, vehicles, equipment and station in a manner fit to respond to that role. Paramedics must have a minimum of two years paramedic registration experience in order to be eligible to apply for this training programme.
Some of the Clinical/Patient Care Responsibilities include:
- Advanced Paramedics, as clinical leaders should develop positive working relationships with other staff and stakeholders; internal and external, to ensure seamless delivery of care and to optimise outcomes for their patients
- Attend to cases of accident and sudden illness and respond to AS1, AS2 and AS3 calls in a prompt and timely manner
- Deal with emergencies as directed
- Attend to patients in a professional courteous and compassionate manner using best practice including compliance with Clinical Practice Guidelines
Eligibility Criteria for the Grade:
- Annually a staff notice is circulated by the Education and Competency Assurance Team inviting eligible staff to participate in the qualifying process to progress to the Advanced Paramedic Programme.
- Staff must have a minimum of two years registration as a Paramedic (including the post graduate internship) and prior to the closing date of applications.
- Following successful completion of the HSE National Ambulance Service Selection Process, candidates will be panelled and their applications forwarded for consideration against our University’s academic partners requirements.
To see the National Ambulance Service Recruitment Information Handbook please click here.
See our 'Staff View' videos here