The Advanced Paramedic is responsible for the care, treatment and movement of patients and maintaining self, vehicles, equipment and station in a manner fit to respond to that role. Paramedics must have a minimum of two years paramedic registration experience in order to be eligible to apply for this training programme.
Some of the Clinical/Patient Care Responsibilities include:
- Advanced Paramedics, as clinical leaders should develop positive working relationships with other staff and stakeholders; internal and external, to ensure seamless delivery of care and to optimise outcomes for their patients
- Attend to cases of accident and sudden illness and respond to AS1, AS2 and AS3 calls in a prompt and timely manner
- Deal with emergencies as directed
- Attend to patients in a professional courteous and compassionate manner using best practice including compliance with Clinical Practice Guidelines
Eligibility Criteria for the Grade:
- Annually a staff notice is circulated by the Education and Competency Assurance Team inviting eligible staff to participate in the qualifying process to progress to the Advanced Paramedic Programme.
- Staff must have a minimum of two years registration as a Paramedic (including the post graduate internship) and prior to the closing date of applications.
- Following successful completion of the HSE National Ambulance Service Selection Process, candidates will be panelled and their applications forwarded for consideration against our University’s academic partners requirements.