National Ambulance Service College
The National Ambulance Service College is located in the NAS Rivers Building in Tallaght, Dublin 24 and Ballinasloe, Co Galway where all NAS Emergency Medical Technicians, Paramedics and Advanced Paramedics receive training and on going revalidation. The College has the latest training aids and simulators which ensures comprehensive training in a consistent manner for all staff. The College also trains all the call taking and dispatch staff for the NEOC on an on going basis.
Training is also provided for the Irish Coastguard, the Defence Forces, An Garda Síochána, Health Care Professionals and members of Voluntary Organisations. The range of training courses includes patient care programmes, leadership courses, tutor development, major incident planning and preparation and driving.
The mission of the National Ambulance Service College is to provide vocational and professional education and training to Ambulance and Associated Personnel, based on current best practice, to meet the strategic and operational needs of the National Ambulance Service and the Health Communities and Patients it serves.
- Training for all new recruits:
- EMT/Intermediate Care Operative,
- Advanced Paramedics Paramedics
- Emergency Call Taker and
- Emergency Medical Dispatcher
- Driver Training
- Solo Response,
- Reflective Practice
- Core programmes accredited by the Pre-Hospital Emergency Care Council (PHECC) in accordance with Education &Training Standards. www.phecc.ie
- Paramedic programmes are delivered in affiliation with our academic partners; School of Medicine, University College Cork
Click here to see a message from Macartan Hughes, Chief Ambulance Officer - Head of Education and Competency Assurance
To find out more about the services within the National Ambulance Service College click here
Contact the National Ambulance Service College firstname.lastname@example.org